Saturday, November 5, 2011

Saving Money

When my children were small, three, four and five years of age, I taught them to save their money. Then I took them to a bank (which incidentally had steps the children had to climb to reach the teller) to save their money. I told them about interest and compounded interest. They loved the idea that their money could make money. They read the statements and watched it grow.

When they became older they took jobs that paid them money. They saved that, too. Meanwhile, we supported them as all parents do. By the time they went to college they had money saved up, and to this day they still save money. I wouldn’t be surprised if they still have those first few dollars they saved as they walked up the steps so they could talk to the teller.

Children often do what the parents do and stress in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment